Sunday, February 13, 2011


February 13, 1983 - The Ambush of Gordon Kahl - Patriot Martyr

The Murder Of Gordon Kahl

By Mary Sparrowdancer

Gordon Kahl was viciously murdered in 1983 by a gang of brutal criminals who have never been brought to justice. As though his mere execution was not enough to satisfy his tormentors, they beat the 63-year-old Kahl with the butts of their rifles, breaking multiple bones and teeth and further mutilated him through dismemberment. One foot would later be found under a refrigerator in the ruins of the house that was also destroyed by these terrorists. Kahl was executed at some point on that June day in 1983, via a point-blank shot through the back of his head, but still not satisfied, the terrorists then burned his body beyond recognition. Gordon Kahl had been a highly decorated World War II veteran, a farmer, the father of six, and a tax patriot. He refused to pay taxes to the U.S. federal government after he discovered that the government was operating under the Communist Manifesto rather than the U.S. Constitution. The cold-blooded killers who carried out this atrocity were U.S. government agents. (1)

Gordon Kahl was not the only person to die on that day at the hands of government "lawmen." According to Aid & Abet Police & Military Newsletter, (AAPMN), Sheriff Gene Matthews was also murdered by the corrupt agents. (2)

The above horrific event took place in Arkansas, where Kahl had fled following his earlier February ambush by unidentified government agents, an ambush that culminated in a shootout between Kahl and the agents. The June day above, for Kahl, was his final day of torment at the hands of the U.S. government, and it came after many years of government harassment of the Kahl family. The harassment began after it became clear that Gordon Kahl apparently "knew too much" about the government and the direction in which it was slowly and quietly marching.

Kahl first opted out of the Social Security program in 1968 after studying communism and reading the Communist Manifesto. He discovered that the "heavy progressive or graduated income tax," was the second plank of the Communist Manifesto. The fifth plank of the Communist Manifesto had already been set into motion in 1913, with the establishment of the "federal" reserve, which is a privately owned, central banking monopoly. (3)

Communism, however, was against his moral principles of Gordon Kahl, and against his religious beliefs, as well. According to his wife, Joan, Gordon notified the government in a letter addressed to "The Synagogue of Satan" that he was removing his family and himself from the SS program. He wrote that he was not going to pay into this socialist program, and he did not desire to receive services from it. Indeed, Gordon-and everyone else-had an option of opting out, because the Social Security program was established as a socialist-or voluntary-redistribution of wealth. But socialism is only a very short step away from full-blown communism, which is an involuntary redistribution of wealth and property, against the will of the people.

It was when Kahl began educating other farmers and then went on television in west Texas that the government took notice, and then took steps to silence him. Kahl was well-liked in his community. He was highly respected as an honest, honorable and principled man. He told the truth, and people listened. After his first local television program, at least 200 workers quickly filed W4 exemption forms that blocked employers from withholding income taxes. According to the documentary about the Kahl family, "Death and Taxes," an IRS spokesperson stated that the IRS targets outspoken people like Kahl for prosecution, and they make examples of them.

Shortly after Kahl's public programs, and despite the fact that Gordon Kahl did not make enough money to even owe taxes, he was placed on trial. He was tried and charged under Title 26, 7203 (willful failure to file), but he was sentenced for "income tax evasion," which was Title 18. The judge, who refused to hear any arguments based upon the Constitution or upon Kahl's personal convictions or religious beliefs, sentenced Gordon to one year in prison, which Gordon served in Leavenworth. This would be followed by five years of probation.

After serving the sentence in Leavenworth, Gordon was released and ordered to report regularly to his probation officer. By this time, Gordon had moved back to North Dakota. He had been forced into retirement at this point. Just after April 15th of that first year of probation, the government noticed that Gordon had again not "complied." He had not filed his voluntary income tax return. When the agents approached him, Gordon told them he would never fill out another income tax return form as long as he lived, and he told the federal agents who came out to the farm, "I want to be left alone." According to his wife, Joan, Gordon said, "I'm not giving government anything, I'm not taking anything from government. We are self-sustaining."

The government then placed a lien on approximately 40 acres that belonged to the Kahls, and the Kahl family would now feel the lashes of the first, the third, the fourth and the ninth planks of the Communist Manifesto. Gordon filed a motion against this lien, but according to the Chronology transcript of the Taos Land and Film Company, the motion was confiscated by government agents and never reached the courts. An auction was then held. It was around this time that Gordon began to feel that the government was not going to stop its harassment of him short of killing him. The government of the United States, he believed, was never going to leave him and his family alone. (4)

In 1980, a warrant for Gordon's arrest was issued on the grounds that he had failed to file an income tax return. This warrant was later rescinded, perhaps in part because no law can actually be found requiring Gordon to file an income tax return. In early 1981, a different arrest warrant was issued, this time because the federal judge in Texas wanted Kahl returned to his court for another hearing. The U.S. Marshals Field Report indicated the judge was "in no hurry," and was demanding that Kahl be returned to Texas partly to demonstrate the ability of federal power to cross state lines, and thus counter statements Kahl had made. According to AAPMN, in July of 1981, however, with Gordon still free and the warrant still not served on him, Deputy Director John Twomey of the U.S. Marshals headquarters in Washington, D.C., instructed newly appointed North Dakota Marshal, Ken Muir, to put the matter away and not spend any more time or resources trying to serve the misdemeanor warrant on Gordon Kahl.

Gordon continued setting up town meetings and explaining to the other farmers why and how the government was now taking their farms away from them. Many of the farmers had paid millions of dollars for their farms, but they still did not own their farms because those payments were only paying interest to the banks. Many had lost their farms as a result of the U.S. farm policy that benefited large, aggressive, army-like agribusiness companies over smaller, family farmers, and as this took place, the entire farming community began feeling the effects of the eighth plank of the Communist Manifesto. The objective of the farmers trying to keep their land, therefore, was to try to establish local or "township government," according to the Tenth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, which would curb the federal expansionist powers that were threatening to take over their land, as well as take over every other aspect of their lives as individuals.

On February 13, 1983, in anticipation of one of Gordon Kahl's township meetings, Marshal Muir and a number of other law enforcement personnel elected to ignore Deputy Director John Twomey's 1981 instructions against serving the misdemeanor warrant on Gordon Kahl. According to the Affidavit of Criminal Justice Professionals, an independent group of professional criminal investigators, "Federal officers violated orders from Washington headquarters." The lawmen not only violated direct orders, but they also violated professional law enforcement procedure to the point that their actions led to an unnecessary and deadly-but planned-shootout. The shootout resulted in two dead, and others gravely injured. Among the most gravely injured was Gordon's 23-year-old son, Yorie. (5)

As the Kahl family, including Gordon, Joan, and Yorie, emerged from the township meeting with their friends, they noticed someone watching them with binoculars down the street in an unmarked pickup truck. Yorie and friend Scott Faul felt uncomfortable about the situation, but Gordon did not. Gordon's intent was to simply drive home.

Yorie spoke privately with his father, however, and as a safety precaution to protect his father, they switched jackets, and Yorie donned Gordon's cap.

The two cars containing the Kahls and friends proceeded on toward the Kahl farm. After driving over the summit of a hill, however, they suddenly saw that there was a roadblock ahead consisting of plain, unmarked vehicles. They did not know the identities of those in the vehicles, or why they were blocking the road ahead, and they made an attempt to pull into a driveway in order to turn around. At this time, however, an unmarked Ram Charger was seen speeding toward them from behind.

Blocked now from advancing or retreating, the people riding in the two Kahl cars discovered they were now being ambushed by carloads of unidentified strangers with rifles pointed at them through opened car windows.

At this point, all of the drivers of all cars stopped, and the men began emerging from their vehicles. The unidentified assailants were all armed. One man was armed with a riot shotgun. According to several witnesses, the men in the unmarked ambush vehicles began screaming obscenities at the Kahls, who still did not know who these men were or why the two Kahl cars had just been ambushed by them. "You're going to die," the men screamed, "we're going to blow your f***ing heads off." This went on for several minutes. "You're going to die, you're going to die."

"They were laughing," Yorie said, and he stated that one man "looked like something that just crawled out from under a bridge. He had long hair, a long beard, he was wearing a black leather jackethe looked like something you'd expect to jump off a Harley."

"I remember Scott Faul saying to me," Yorie continued, "'what in the hell is this?' and I said, 'I don't know, Scott. I'm getting my gun, I'm getting out.'" Yorie instructed his mother, Joan, to lie down on the floorboard inside the vehicle while the men went outside to try and determine what was happening. At this point, Yorie, Gordon and Scott got out of their cars carrying their weapons. (6)

"I didn't know who they were," Yorie would later state, "I didn't even know how many of them there were." Yorie took shelter behind a telephone pole and prepared to try to defend himself, his family and his friends.

According to one of the witnesses, one of the unidentified men slammed his rifle down hard on the hood of his car making a loud noise resembling a gunshot. Everyone apparently thought a shot had been fired, and this, the witness said, triggered the gun battle between the still unidentified assailants and their targets.

Yorie was immediately gunned down. He was shot in the abdomen with a shotgun, and then shot in the arm and right hand. He thought his arm had been blown off. He fell into the melting snow and mud completely incapacitated, and listened to the gun battle that then took place. When the shooting stopped, Yorie did not know if any members of his family or friends were still alive because he could not see any of the others from where he lay, facedown. "I remember laying there thinking, 'gee whiz, all of us just got wiped out.'"

Killed in the battle were Marshals Muir and Cheshire. According to another Taos Land and Film interview transcript, attorney William Kennelly, (Scott Faul's first lawyer, now deceased), stated it was Marshal Cheshire who accidentally shot and killed Marshal Muir. The interview states, "I think the ballistics evidence is just simply overwhelming, that it was Cheshire who shot. Muir only got hit with one shot. And I think it was very clear to me that it was Cheshire's bullet, because he was the only one shooting that kind of bullet." (7)

Injured in the battle were three other officers, one reportedly injured by a piece of ricocheting asphalt that entered his head through his ear, and another who would later give what has now been found to be false testimony while under oath during the trial of Yorie and Scott. Although this officer was clean-cut for the trial, this was the man who looked like a biker wearing the black leather jacket at the time of the ambush. This officer stated under oath that Yorie shot his finger off. Recently discovered medical evidence that was withheld during the trial, however, does not support this. The medical records indicate that this officer was, like Marshal Muir, also hit by fire from his own men. His wounds were caused by "pellets" fired by the shotgun of one of his fellow officers. Yorie was not carrying a shotgun. He was carrying his Mini-14, which would have discharged bullets, not pellets. (8) (9)

When the shootout was over, Yorie was near death. Scott and Gordon pulled Yorie into a vehicle and then drove him to a nearby medical clinic. After dropping Yorie off, Gordon later left town and fled to Arkansas. He fled because he knew beyond a doubt now that the government agents had no intention of arresting him. There would be no more trials for Gordon, no further juries and there would be no justice for this man. He knew now that he would be executed on sight.

Yorie lost his right kidney, his gallbladder, suffered severe liver lacerations, a lung laceration, and also lost a portion of his intestines. It was not certain at first if he would even survive his injuries, but when he did survive, he was then subjected to a trial without appropriate counsel. The first lawyer hired for Yorie, Gerald LaFountain of Montana, was in fact apprehended at the North Dakota state line, and then duly harassed by state and federal "lawmen" until he, too, was forced to flee North Dakota in order to protect himself. The lawmen who did this were operating under the sixth plank of the Communist Manifesto. LaFountain was refused permission to see or speak to Yorie, his client. LaFountain filed a sworn affidavit regarding this violation of Yorie's rights through the law firm of former Senator, John DeCamp.

Despite the fact that Yorie and the others who were ambushed by unidentified, plain-clothed assailants were clearly acting in self-defense on that day, despite the fact that Yorie was completely incapacitated by gunshot wounds from the very first moments of the gun battle that was planned by the assailants, despite the fact that there was evidence indicating "friendly fire" was the cause of a large portion of this tragedy that was deliberately created by "lawmen" using confusion and mayhem to create terror, and despite the fact that Yorie was denied access to his hired attorney, Yorie stood trial and was charged and convicted on two counts of second degree murder, as well as injuring the other officers. Yorie is innocent of all of these charges.

No one has ever been charged with injuring Yorie. No one has ever been charged with dismembering and murdering his father.

Yorie was sentenced to two life sentences, plus fifteen years.

At this time, Yorie has now been in federal prison for almost 24 years. He is an innocent, political prisoner who has been repeatedly denied his rights. Similar to the situation of his father, the federal government is still not finished with Yorie Kahl. He has already spent most of his entire adult life in prison for crimes he did not commit, and unless Americans wake up and take this country back from the communists now secretly running things, this decent man will spend perhaps the rest of his life in prison. But, it will not stop there. If Americans do not wake up and pay close attention to everything that has happened to the Kahl family, then any one of us can expect to be selected as the next targeted "example" of a government that is completely out of control, illegal, and very dangerous. History will continue to repeat itself in an escalating fashion unless we learn from it, and learn well. The pattern of murderous corruption will not stop unless we stop it, and correct it and return this government to the only true law of the land, the U.S. Constitution.

The murder of Gordon Kahl appears to have been a heralding point that brought about a new age of communistic police force in the United States. The police state occurred because no one did anything to counter it. Something strange began to happen after Gordon was executed. His murderers got away with everything, and this seems to have set the stage for what then happened at Ruby Ridge. Unfortunately, we never learned the details about Gordon until many years later, because we only heard about him through the state-controlled media that spread only state-sponsored propaganda. This media falsely presented Gordon as a dangerous madman, and it presented the "lawmen" as heroes who were only doing their jobs. We would not learn that this was all a complete fabrication until many years later.

The stage was then set for Ruby Ridge to occur, in which a young mother was deliberately gunned down by a government agent. The mother was holding her baby in her arms when she was shot. We were lied to again, and we believed the lie, just as we believed the lie about Gordon, and the lie about Pearl Harbor many years earlier.

Now even more boldly out of control, the government then brought about the Waco Massacre. In this travesty, approximately 80 people-a third of whom were infants and children-were, according to tapes and transcripts, gunned down, tortured and burned alive by government agents and the military Delta Force. We now know that the government lied to us about the events of Waco, as well. One must wonder if we had stopped the pattern and demanded prison sentences for those who lied, if we might have avoided Oklahoma and 9/11. The events of 9/11 now stand as the "new Pearl Harbor" for the Project for the New American Century. (10)

We have now reached a point of critical mass, and we had better stop the escalating pattern of police and military violence here and now.

We had better stop allowing liars and murderers to go free simply because they are "agents" or "officers," or high ranking politicians, while innocent Americans are being murdered or having their lives otherwise destroyed by a corrupt and arrogant system that has no conscience. We do not need "panels" or "commissions" of congressmen convened when mass murders or an assassination has been committed. We do not need government examining government. We need independent, professional criminal investigators to handle such criminal cases. And then, we need to listen to those professional investigators. We need to see that arrests are made and criminals are brought to justice. We need to watch trial proceedings closely, and if we see that a single judge is not upholding his or her oath to protect the Constitution, then we must assume they are upholding the manifesto of something else. They must be removed from office.

It is time for us to strike down the Communist Manifesto and its rules calling for abolition of property rights, confiscation by the state and redistribution of wealth against our will. At this time, we are also beginning to see a strange blurring of our country's borders taking place. This is the ninth plank of the Communist Manifesto. The tenth plank is free public schools for children. In this plank, the children of a country taken over by communism will receive a government-approved education. As we now know, the public education now being received in the United States is equal to an abysmal education.

While we have been asleep as a nation, and assuming that our human rights and civil liberties were being protected under the Constitution, the Constitution has been swept away and all ten planks of the Communist Manifesto have been established in its place. (11)

We must now either take this country back, or be content to sit back and allow a communist police state to act as judge, jury and executioner for anyone targeted.

Every American needs to become familiar with the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights. We cannot uphold the Constitution of the United States and also support a government that is based upon the harsh and impersonal mandates of communism. We need to dismantle the Communist Manifesto that is now being followed in various federal agencies, and embrace, again, the Constitution, just as Gordon Kahl once bravely tried to explain to us.

America and even the Constitution of the United States now owe a great debt to the Kahl family for all they have endured and unwaveringly stood for. They have bravely refused the demands of an unlawful government, even in the face of great personal loss.

This country was established as a Constitutional Republic-not a democracy-as many, including the president, apparently think. A democracy is mob rule. This country was a Constitutional Republic, a unique governing entity in which the government served as servant to the people, and people ruled the government with their opinions. We need to reestablish our Constitutional Republic. The first steps in doing so are in studying the Constitution and Bill of Rights, which are no longer being taught in the free public schools. The other important step is in acknowledging the debt we owe to the Kahl family. We need to demand freedom for Yorie. We need to demand that he be given the freedom, justice, and liberty that his father died for as he tried to preserve those rights for Americans while the rest of the nation was asleep.

We need to bring to justice those actually responsible for the murders that Yorie was falsely and haughtily charged with, and then we need to bring others operating within this so-called government and police state to justice, as well. We need to see prison terms for "agents" who dare to lie while under oath, and prison terms for others who fail to uphold their oaths to defend the Constitution.

But first of all-first of all-we need to give Yorie Kahl, an innocent man, back to his family. In fact, we need to give him back to America. Yorie had a teacher who was a very wise man, and America now needs wise teachers more than ever. (12)


(Walk these planks at your own risk.)

"These measures will of course be different in different countries. Nevertheless in the most advanced countries, the following will be pretty generally applicable.
1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
3. Abolition of all right of inheritance.
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
5. Centralisation of credit in the hands of the State, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly.
6. Centralisation of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State.
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State; the bringing into cultivation of waste-lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
8. Equal liability of all to labour. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equable distribution of the population over the country.
10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labour in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production" (11)

Mary Sparrowdancer is a writer and book author. Her book, "The Love Song of the Universe," was the #2 Bestseller at her former publisher's house, and it sold out three times during 2006. She is about to put the book back into print, and is also about to publish a new Special Edition, with many updates.

1. "Death and Taxes," documentary film production featuring the Kahl family. 1993. Produced by Taos Land and Film Company. (2007.)

2. Aid & Abet Police & Military Newsletter, spring, 2003. (2007)

3. "America: Freedom to Fascism," documentary film by acclaimed producer, Aaron Russo, who has graciously permitted it to be viewed freely in an effort to educate the public. Learn how Congress illegally turned the coinage and regulation of money over to a central bank monopoly; learn the truth about the tax laws, and much more. The DVD of this film should be in every home in the U.S. (2007)

4. Typed transcript by Taos Land and Film Company. (2007)

5. Affidavit of professional, independent investigation of the Medina Shootout.

6. Yorie Kahl, typed transcript by Taos Land and Film Company. (2007)

7. William Kennelly, typed transcript by Taos Land and Film Company. 2007.

8. Bismarck Tribune: Tony Spilde, "Changing Lives in 30 Seconds," undated. 2007.

9. Motion filed by Barry Bachrach, Esq., Yorie's attorney. Motion asks that a Habeas petition be reviewed due to newly discovered evidence that a "key witness lied on the stand." 2006. (2007)

10. Phone calls from Waco victims to 911 frantically reporting they were under attack by unknown assailants. They asked 911 to "call this off," since there were so many women and children within the compound. Gunshots coming from the federal agents can be heard throughout the calls. 2007.

11. Communist Manifesto, (2007)

12. Police activities in America since the murder of Gordon Kahl. (2007)


The Uncensored Gordon Kahl Story

In 1968, Tax Protestor Gordon Kahl stopped filing IRS 1040 Income Tax Returns. For 9 years thereafter, the IRS ignored him, but in 1977 after Gordon Kahl spoke on an evening radio talk show regarding the illicitness of the income tax, some 250 phone calls would come into the radio station over the next two days; either supporting Kahl in some aspect, or pledging never to file another tax return.

And with that, the IRS came down on Kahl like a ton of bricks. They quickly assembled a case against him and two weeks later threw a criminal prosecution against him for violating Title 26, Section 7203 ["Willful Failure to File"]. Gordon Kahl was a low-income farmer not even meeting minimal statutory standards for threshold income levels achieved before being required to file 1040s, but that was not about to stop the IRS, who is good at changing the facts by creating facts.

Convicted and incarcerated, when out of Leavenworth Federal Penitentiary on parole, Kahl left the Texas judicial district he was confined to by claiming that some aspect of the Restriction Orders was defective. He soon moved to North Dakota -- and there, he met his fate. A criminal Summons issued from a Federal Court in Midland, Texas was served on Gordon Kahl on August 8, 1980, charging him with a misdemeansor. Gordon Kahl responded by informing the Court that he would not be appearing, and the matter was allowed to be deferred until March 31, 1982, when the Justice Department obtained a Federal Arrest Warrant citing his parole violation.

Then, that Warrant was held up again until July 26, 1982, some 16 months later, when it was sent to the U.S. Marshals Office in Fargo, North Dakota on February 13, 1983. The United States Marshals and the Federal Court in Texas knew of his whereabouts in North Dakota at all times. After a two and one half year delay in the case, the fact that there was a "problem" controlling the prosecution of the case is self-evident.

If that chronology had been published in the New York Times in the context of discussing some other unfortunate incident that had happened, it would be referred to, very defensively of the Government of course, as mere "bureaucratic bungling," in an attempt to discredit the obvious interposition of the "Lateness of the Hour" operating against the Government to bar the legitimacy of their management of the case.

Once again Gordon Kahl had attracted the attention of the United States

Government. With the personality known as Ronald Reagan acquiescing indifferently as President, and with William French Smith sitting as Attorney General, the word came down the pipeline to GET RID OF GORDON KAHL, and the stage was set for the kind of confrontation the Feds wanted.

A violent attack was planned against Gordon Kahl at his farmhouse, and it was going to be well publicized. The attack would be in the form of a roadblock, it would be in the evening hours, and it would occur in a remote rural area. The timing of the attack in February of 1983 was selected to coincide with the trials of other related criminal prosecutions then going on that would be favorably tipped towards the Government, as the Juries were exposed to what would be surfacing visibly on the news as the Gordon Kahl "incident."

From his farm in Heaton, North Dakota, both Gordon Kahl, along with his neighbors, and the Chief of Police of Medina, North Dakota, Darrell Graff, all had received several advanced notices that the United States Marshals were planning a very unpleasant reception for Gordon Kahl, and in the case of Darrell Graff, he was told bluntly to stay out of it.

Rather than meet his adversaries face-to-face to settle the grievance at that lower level, Gordon Kahl improvidently ignored the gathering storm and tossed aside the Warrant, thus giving his adversaries the benefit of intensifying the impending confrontation into an elevated status -- a level that originates out of the barrel of a gun, where the Feds were quite likely to prevail. Although that did not give the United States Marshals the right to come out first and shoot Kahl, it does however require that other people in difficult positions with juristic authorities facing contemplated extermination itself, should not replicate Gordon Kahl's modus operandi.

On the 14th of February, 1983, Gordon Kahl, accompanied by his wife and son Yori, left a meeting in a Medina, North Dakota commercial district and headed home. Gordon Kahl was under surveillance and he knew it. He could have been picked up at the meeting, but the Feds had a surprise for him and wanted the remoteness of a rural environment. His son Yori detected something adverse and dangerous in the air, and so he took his father's jacket and cap and wore those on himself on the ride home that afternoon.

Not far from his farmhouse a roadblock had been set up by U.S. Marshal Kenneth Muir. It was a very unusual roadblock in that it had an ambulance and firetruck waiting there. Yes, there was going to be some trouble. The Marshal had not come to arrest, but to murder. Bringing neither the Arrest Warrant, nor any identification, Deputy Muir brought his gun and orders to terminate Gordon Kahl.

Arriving at the roadblock, Gordon's son, Yori Kahl, fled the pickup truck and ran to a nearby telephone pole for cover. Thinking that Yori was his dad Gordon, Marshal Muir opened the shooting by firing several shots at Yori.

Yori did not fall to the ground quick enough to satisfy the killer Marshal, so Marshal Muir kept on shooting until Yori fell. After spending a while at the hospital, Yori Kahl would actually survive to be charged with murder, and later convicted by a jury in a Star Chamber that was highly pressured by the U.S. Marshals and had numerous other fatal irregularities that would never survive reversal on appeal.

Back at the evening roadblock, after seeing his own son cut down by Marshal Muir, Gordon Kahl grabbed a gun and let Marshal Muir have it, killing him and Deputy Marshal Robert Chesire. Injured was Deputy Marshal James Hopson.

Staying in the background, looking at all of this shooting and profanity being thrown about, was Chief Darrell Graff of the Medina Police Department, who was told in advance that Kahl was going to buy the farm, and that he was to stay out of it. Gordon went over to the telephone pole, dragged his son Yori, white with blood loss and bleeding profusely, over to an unmarked police car, drove him to a hospital back in Medina, and then as a thick fog quickly settled in on the Fargo countryside, Gordon Kahl sped away into the night.

Soon, a swarm of military stormtroopers descended on Fargo, in military clothing and using military trucks [see Time Magazine ["Dakota Dragnet"], page 25 (February 28, 1983)]. They were on search and destroy orders. Gordon Kahl was immediately placed on the FBI's ten most wanted list, and was the subject of the most intensive fugitive search in the history of the FBI. It was a massive operation.

A tight clampdown was put out in North Dakota, accompanied with extensive random stops of motor vehicles, but nothing ever turned up. For Gordon Kahl, thousands of armed forces were called into search the surrounding North Dakota countryside. Every available private bounty hunter known to the FBI was hired and put on the case, but fugitive Gordon Kahl slipped through it all.

In comparison to what they can do when they feel like it, it is worthwhile noting how J. Edgar Hoover and the FBI never showed any such interest in capturing unknown fleeing killers when President Kennedy was shot in Dallas.

No roadblocks, no dragnets, no manhunts, no searching -- nothing but CIA agents carrying Secret Service credentials restraining people from approaching the grassy knoll for about 10 minutes.

For the next three months, Gordon Kahl had found a home with some friends, Mr. and Mrs. Ginter, and a Mr. Russell, who kept moving him quietly from house to house. It was rather obvious to anyone that if he was ever found, he would be killed immediately.

In time, Mr. Russell's daughter, Karen Russell Robertson, noticed that her father was hiding Gordon Kahl. Possessed with First Person evidence ["I saw...," "I heard..."], she in turn went to the FBI and spilled the beans. She was given $25,000 and the promise of immunity from prosecution [see the New York Times ["Arkansans Guilty in Tax Rebel Case"], page A19 (October 19, 1983)].

The rural house where Gordon Kahl was staying was placed under FBI surveillance; but the results were inconclusive. On the morning of June 4th, a special FBI team of animals and savage killers [which is no exaggeration], known as the FBI SWAT TEAM, left their home base in Washington, D.C. and flew into Lawrence County, Arkansas on a private FBI jet. There, they were met by local FBI agents, other FBI agents, the Arkansas State Police, the Sheriff of Lawrence County, Arkansas, his deputies, and a confluence of United States Marshals assembled from across the country. Several Marshals invited to the Kahl execution operation arrived too late and missed it.

Later in the afternoon, it all began. The quiet, isolated and remote house was cordoned off, roadblocks were set up, and all without Gordon Kahl detecting anything amiss. Soon that afternoon, Mr. Ginter left the house alone and he was stopped down the road. He claimed his wife, Norma Ginter, was in the house alone. Now, the house where Gordon Kahl was living was more closely surrounded, and Sheriff Gene Matthews went to the front door to remove Mrs. Ginter from the scene.

With her out of the way, the FBI started open shooting, and saturated the house with bullets; but the earth shelter house was made with concrete walls and Gordon Kahl survived through it all without a scratch. The 36 year old local Sheriff, Gene Matthews, was killed incidental to the FBI siege on the Gordon Kahl hideout.

After a while, as the firing stopped, the FBI cordoned off the house for themselves while the Delta Force animals converged on the house like starved panthers going for a piece of meat. They found Gordon Kahl alive and well inside the home, hiding behind the refrigerator. He was taken to the living room, thrown on the floor, and was worked over with the butt end of their rifles. While numerous bones were being fractured and his teeth were being smashed in, other members of Delta Force went on a rampage in the house, smashing pictures and the television set, over-turning furniture, a copier, and taking a fireman's axe and chopping up a bookshelf.

While Gordon Kahl was pinned to the floor by the 6 to 8 Delta Force panthers, still under attack from the gun butts, the FBI agent with the fireman's axe turned to Gordon Kahl himself and chopped off his hand. Then he went around and chopped off Gordon Kahl's other hand, and then both of his feet were severed. While screaming with pain and with blood gushing out profusely over the floor where his hands and feet used to be, Gordon Kahl was shot in the head at close range, killing him.

A local Deputy Sheriff was given the honor of removing the bullet from Gordon Kahl's head [later that week, the deputy would tell a neighbor that he had not eaten in three days]. When local people viewed Gordon Kahl's dismembered body, they became nauseous and sick, stating that the man they just hacked apart was not Gordon Kahl, but Mr. William Wade, who was the owner of the land and resembled Gordon Kahl closely in age and appearance, and was well known to the Sheriff and others personally.

There was confusion; immediately there was trouble. A massive series of roadblocks were erected again, and the thorough searching of all automobiles over a wide radius was started; it was believed that Gordon Kahl had slipped out once again.

Local residents monitoring the operation on the police radio band heard a call made for some gasoline to be delivered to the house. Now that the murder of Gordon Kahl had been botched, the Feds were going to cover their own tracks and torch the place. The Delta Force animals left the place with extensive blood stains covering their clothes and took the private FBI jet back to Washington.

The roadblocks were called off when Mr. Wade, the owner of the land, showed up in town alive and well. The body of Sheriff Matthews was taken to a local hospital, while later in the evening after the fire the Feds had set had died down, the charred body of Gordon Kahl was taken to the local coroner.

The dismembered body was later identified as being that of Gordon Kahl. But the bodies and the house were only lightly charred, since the house was fabricated from cast concrete walls and the fire never got that intense. The corpse identified as being Gordon Kahl's was missing teeth, hands, and feet, had a bullet hole in the head (without a bullet), and was extensively covered with tissue bruises and fractured bones. It was very shocking and disgusting, as people who saw photographs of Gordon Kahl's charred remains, taken by the coroner, reported a stark and terrified look on his charred face; he had died in extreme terror, screaming violently from the pain. They had gotten their man.

The man who was Director of the FBI at the time that this murder operation was being performed, was William Webster. He personally supervised it. And when you get to know William Webster very well, you will become acquainted with a great murderer.

Gordon Kahl was later buried with military honors -- whatever that meant.

His wife back in North Dakota received several mean and ugly death threats from the Feds to keep quite or be murdered herself. Meanwhile, the rest of the country went on like Alice strolling through Wonderland; believing that all was well and that the Federal Government is your trusted friend, and that some little Tax Protestor over there got what he deserved.

Back in Arkansas, while shifting through the smoldering ruins in the kitchen, a reporter for the New York Times accompanied by Ray Wade, the land owner's son, found Gordon Kahl's left foot that had been severed off by the axe.

It was taken to the local coroner Dr. Fahmy Malak in Little Rock, confirmed as being Gordon Kahl's sliced off foot. However, this was news not fit to emphasize, and the reporter's story was blurred over when printed [see New York Times ["Gunfight Shatters Tranquility of Arkansas Hills"], page 14 (July 3, 1983)].

Mr. and Mrs. Ginter, who had been harboring Gordon Kahl, were charged not only with aiding and abetting a fugitive, but also were fraudulently charged with the murder of Sheriff Matthews. At Trial, the only evidence introduced against them, outside of the background story, was first person evidence from Art Russell's daughter, Karen Russell Robertson, who reported to the Jury what she had seen her father do. And with that eyewitness evidence, the Ginters and Art Russell were convicted and sentenced to protracted incarceration in a Federal Penitentiary [see New York Times ["Arkansans Guilty in Tax Rebel Case"], page A19 (October 19, 1983)].

In conclusion, note that a large volume of the continuous reporting that the New York Times and Time Magazine did on the story from February through October, was based, as usual, on the mere replication of whatever the FBI and wire services had told them, as the Government Billboards that they are -- and so their reporting is highly edited, inaccurate, and distorted news. Be advised that there are numerous inconsistencies in those articles between what they have reported [as the Feds are quite good at changing the facts], and what is reported herein. Until their own reporter J.C. Barden actually went to the torched house to dig at facts for himself on the case, some of the real facts never surfaced, and his reported factual details considerably change the character and color of the savage FBI animal attack on Gordon Kahl.

Incidentally, Mr. Ray Wade, who found Gordon Kahl's foot, was also threatened with being killed himself if he did not remain silent, as were other local residents who also saw different aspects of the bloody reign of FBI terror that went on during that fateful day -- as the FBI once again allowed itself to be defiled by acting ministerially, without and wanting jurisdiction, on behalf of those presiding in Washington who had handed down the extermination orders.


Yorie Kahl’s Fight for Freedom

American Free Press / (Issue # 3, January 17, 2010)

By Victor Thorn

“Yorie Kahl is an innocent man, and he’s going to spend the rest of his life in prison if we don’t do something to help him.” Willis Carto, founder of Liberty Lobby as well as a consultant for AMERICAN FREE PRESS and publisher of its predecessor, The Spotlight, made this remark before establishing a Yorie Kahl Defense Fund.

AFP had intended to conduct an interview with Kahl, but after submitting a written application to Indiana’s Terre Haute U.S. Penitentiary, administrator Marvin Pitt denied our request for a private telephone conversation because of “security reasons.”

Carto wasn’t surprised. “That’s the typical mindset of a bureaucrat,” Carto commented, “but it won’t stop us from telling Yorie’s story. The authorities always viewed his father Gordon as a mortal threat.”

Federal officials felt so much animosity toward tax protester and separatist
Gordon Kahl that on Feb. 13, 1983, U.S. Marshals setup a roadblock outside Medina, N.D., where they ambushed Gordon, Joan and Yorie Kahl, in addition to Scott Faul.

Initiated by federal marshals Ken Muir and Bob Cheshire, the Kahls were stopped by a throng of men who were swearing and laughing maniacally while yelling, “Freeze [expletive], you’re all going to die. We’re going to blow your God**** heads off.”

Prior to these menacing threats, power-mad Muir commanded his men to remove their badges. These illustrious examples of law and order also failed to identify themselves as federal agents, none wore law enforcement uniforms and not a single vehicle bore noticeable police insignias. Lastly, even though a fake all points bulletin had been issued against Gordon Kahl, the lawmen never gave him a chance to peacefully surrender.

Instead, gunfire soon emanated from the marshals, with Muir’s first shot striking Yorie. Miraculously, the bullet struck Yorie’s shoulder holster, lodging in the pistol grip of a gun he carried. Had he not been armed, the bullet would have pierced his heart and instantly killed him.

As Yorie struggled to stay on his feet, Dep. Sheriff Brad Kapp shot him again with a shotgun blast. Muir then fired three more times, repeatedly striking Yorie. As he fell, Kahl’s involuntary reaction caused him to fire a shot into the air. This inadvertent discharge didn’t wound anyone.

Acting in self-defense while trying to protect his family, Gordon Kahl—a WWII veteran—opened fire on the assailants. When the gun battle ended, two U.S. marshals lay dead, while one marshal and two local policemen were wounded.

Meanwhile, Yorie went into hemorrhagic shock, suffering from life-threatening damage to his abdomen and internal organs. Later, as he suffered in a nearby hospital, law enforcement officials arrested his mother, Joan, who awaited Yorie during his surgery. Although Mrs. Kahl never touched a weapon during the shootout, she was charged with murder and slapped with a gag order.

By his own admission, the only person to kill anyone during this melee was Gordon Kahl, who proceeded to escape and go on the run. Ironically, only minutes before the onslaught, Yorie—sensing a setup—felt such loyalty to his father that he urged Gordon to switch jackets and caps with him. Due to this selfless act, Yorie became the primary target that day.

After commencing the largest manhunt in American history, U.S. marshals and FBI agents located Kahl’s farmhouse and proceeded to riddle it with thousands of rounds of gunfire and more than two dozen tear gas canisters. Although these lawless lawmen knew Kahl wasn’t home at the time, an FBI agent deliberately shot Kahl’s dog because it barked.

While the search for Gordon continued, Yorie and Faul were convicted on May 28, 1983 in a Fargo courtroom of second-degree murder and other offenses. They each received two life sentences plus 15 years. Later, juror Marlys Klimek signed an affidavit stating U.S. marshals had unduly influenced jurors to obtain a guilty verdict.

Medina Police Chief Darrell Graf later wrote in It’s All About Power that he personally witnessed an argument at his desk between FBI agents and U.S. Marshals as to who would kill Gordon Kahl. No option existed to take him alive because if Kahl ever had an opportunity to testify in court about the truthful facts in Yorie’s case, the outcome and convictions of this trumped-up trial would be jeopardized.

After a snitch notified authorities on Kahl’s whereabouts near Smithville, Ark., a dragnet swooped in on June 3, 1983. Deputy U.S. Marshal Jim Hall and two others entered a farmhouse where Kahl was eating dinner.

Without any announcement, nor any attempt to serve arrest papers, Hall fired a bullet at point-blank range into the back of Kahl’s skull.

As Kahl lay dead, unknown persons cut off his hands and feet to prevent identification, then placed a mattress over his corpse and soaked it with an accelerant. Kahl’s body was then set on fire as crazed FBI agents riddled the farmhouse with thousands of rounds of gunfire and tear gas canisters.

To further destroy evidence, FBI agent Jim King ordered his men to pour gasoline down the house’s vent pipes and incinerate it. No crime scene photos were ever taken, while Bill Clinton’s favorite body count cover-up artist, Arkansas Medical Examiner Dr. Fahmy Malak, lied about who fired a bullet into Kahl’s head.

Why was it so necessary to murder Kahl? As Carto told this writer on Dec. 22, “Gordon attended one of our meetings years ago. He was more knowledgeable of the overall situation than most people. He had an in-depth understanding of what was going on in this country.”

In Bitter Harvest, author James Corcoran provided a glimpse of the truths that Kahl uncovered. In Kahl’s judgment: “The CIA, U.S. Marshal Service, FBI, Secret Service and all but the smallest police departments were under the influence of the Mossad.”

Nearly 30 years later, one of this nation’s greatest miscarriages of justice keeps Yorie Kahl and Scott Faul imprisoned and silenced.

You Can Help Yorie Kahl With His Legal Fees

At age 63, Gordon Kahl knew he was a marked man. U.S. Marshal Bud Warren as much as told him so. After Warren stepped down, an overzealous Ken Muir became chief marshal of the Fargo, N.D., U.S. Marshals Office. On Feb. 13, 1983, Muir and his deputy marshals went gunning for Kahl. The events that followed have been much discussed by patriots and pundits alike, but here is the story as told by Gordon Kahl in his own words.

The Final Affidavit of Gordon Kahl is a four-page special report from AFP that tells the whole Kahl saga and also contains Gordon’s final statement, found hidden in the chicken coop of his friend. Send $2 each for 1-5 copies to AFP, 645 Pennsylvania Avenue SE, #100, Washington, D.C. 20003. (Call 202-544-5977 for more than 5 copies.) ALL PROCEEDS will be donated to the Yorie Kahl defense fund. Please send checks or money orders made out to Mrs. Joan Kahl, 201 Spruce Avenue South, Fessenden, ND 58438

Yorie Kahl's Fight for Freedom


The Final Affidavit of Gordon Kahl

Scott Faul, Forgotten Victim


Death and Taxes: The Gordon Kahl Story

Part 1

Part 2


Death and Taxes: The Gordon Kahl Story

YouTube - Videos in this playlist (11)

All is Fair in Love and War: An Ode to Gordon Kahl (mp3) by Carl Klang

Labels: , ,


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]